The Action Agenda is intended to chart a path forward for the American Lighting Association's leadership, members and staff.
As we bgin 2018, ALA is driving its programming to take advantage of the growing opportunities that LED technology and the connected world provide.
- Staying ahead of the LED innovation curve and positioning showrooms to provide relevant and timely product and application knowledge across the fixture and control continuum to attract consumers and professionals to showrooms as the local go-to resource
- Working to better understand rapidly emerging competitive market dynamics and challenges in terms of online access to lighting products and services, and the traditional versus innovative value proposition that local lighting showrooms must work to deliver their customers for increased growth and prosperity
- Focusing on identifying collective resources to challenge the status quo and define breakthrough innovation
- Recognizing the merging significance of smart/connected devices across the residential market segment, and working to drive the lighting showroom industry to embrace the opportunity to market and sell a new generation of simple, affordable and reliable connected home experiential solutions
- Expanding awareness beyond traditional lighting to empower showrooms to deliver value to their prospective customers, specifiers and builder relationships in terms of promoting and selling lighting along with complementary voice control, music, temperature and automation solutions to homeowners
- Continuing to attract young professionals to support the evoloving lighting industry and to allow innovative thinking and ideas to shape priorities for our current and future plans and initiatives
We encourage you to review the 2018 Action Agenda, and we ask for your involvement and input to help us lead the lighting industry.