In 2016, the ALA BiNational Advertising and PR Program, in partnership with Home Accents Today and Progressive Business Media, conducted research on consumer lighting buying habits. The research objectives were to seek a better understanding of how consumers think about, shop for and buy lighting. Specific research topics included:
- The importance of lighting when designing a space.
- Do buyers view lighting as a utility or design?
- The lighting shopping and buying process, including where consumers find ideas and inspiration.
- How long buyers plan to keep lighting fixtures.
- Which product attributes are most important to buyers.
- Details on who shops lighting showrooms and why.
The results of this research are available to ALA members as a tool for better understanding consumer buying habits.
Click here to download a PDF of the research results
Click here to download a spreadsheet of the research results
Click here to download all text responses from the open-ended research questions