The American Lighting Association is a trade association representing the residential lighting industry, serving members and their customers, and working to protect and advance the industry, while promoting the sale and proper application of quality lighting products.
ALA makes it possible for companies in the lighting industry to:
- Increase their share of the market
- Develop effective public relations programs to increase consumers' awareness of lighting and sell more products through the showroom channel of distribution
- Benefit from low-cost, convenient sales and design training opportunities
- Monitor the actions of legislative and regulatory bodies and receive representation in the industry's best interest during negotiations
- Encourage the continuing development and proper use of safe, energy-efficient products
The association's strategic objectives are organized into three categories - Public Affairs, Education and Organizational Affairs - and are updated by an executive committee each year with input from members and professional staff. The current strategic objectives may be viewed online in the Action Agenda. If you are interested in becoming a member of the American Lighting Association, learn more here.
The ALA is Board of Governors is made up of 12 members, four manufacturers, four sales representatives and four showrooms. The objectives of the Board are to provide direction to the association; establish policy, approve programs and the annual budget; conduct strategic planning retreats to ensure the association's priorities and objectives remain clear; and to ensure the organization is progressing in meeting and addressing industry and member needs. See the current members of the Board of Governors here.
The ALA professional staff is in place to serve the association and the industry. The ALA office are headquartered in Dallas, Texas, at the Dallas Market Center. The full-time and part-time staff mebers are tasked with ensuring the association is meeting it's goals and best representing the industry. For staff names and contact information, click here.
The refund policy for the American Lighting Association can be viewed online here.