The following provides answers to frequently asked questions regarding accessing ALA education courses on the association’s new website, ALAMembers.com. With additional questions, please contact ALA Education Director Nici Juneau.
Accessing ALA’s Online Education and Training Courses
To access ALA’s online training materials, you will need to create a new account at ALAMembers.com. The new website is not connected to the old ALA website, so you will not be able to log in with your old credentials.
The new website will track each person’s course history. Once you have created an account, you will be able to view links to courses, sign up for training sessions, watch on-demand webinars, keep track of the courses you have already taken, and take exams upon completion of training program materials.
Steps to create a new member account:
- Visit the ALA member account login page
- Click “Register”
- Fill out the required fields and submit
Accessing Free Courses/On-demand Library
As with ALA’s paid training courses, you will also need to be logged in to your account to access the free, on-demand training course library. Once logged in, the free training courses can be accessed here.
Steps to access free training courses:
- Enter the free training course password (email Nici Juneau to receive the password)
- Hit “Submit”
- Add the course you’d like to view to your cart
- Complete the checkout process (no payment information will be requested because the course is free)
- Visit your Dashboard and click the course link to watch the course webinar (you must be logged in to view your dashboard)
Purchasing Courses for Other Employees or Multiple People
Often, ALA members go online to purchase courses for other employees within their organization, or to purchase multiple courses for their company. To do this, the individual must first log in to their ALA member account. Then, they can purchase course Vouchers in the Member Store.
Steps to purchase a voucher for another individual:
- Log in to your account
- Add the desired voucher product to your cart
- Complete the checkout process
- An email will be sent to you with the voucher information, which will also be stored under your Dashboard (you must be logged in to view your dashboard)
Steps to use a voucher that has been purchased for you:
- Create your own user account
- Add the associated course to your cart (for example, if you were given a voucher code for the Lighting Associate courses, add the Lighting Associate bundle to your cart)
- Continue to the checkout process
- Enter the voucher code the person who originally purchased the voucher has provided to you in the voucher dialog box
- Select “None” as your payment method, this will complete your purchase
- Access the course under your Dashboard (you must be logged in to view your dashboard)