ALA Offers Free Training for Members
Unprecedented action leads to record participation
To help strengthen ALA members during the global pandemic, ALA offered all online education courses from mid-March through mid-May at no cost to members. The unprecedented offer included live webinars, as well as the 10-course Lighting Associate (LA) curriculum, ordinarily $350, that resulted in a record 1,165 member participants.
The list of new LAs is posted on the ALA website and can be viewed here.
With a few days left, members may still access the free training options at ALAMembers.com/Professional-Education and logging in or creating a new account.
Lighting Associate courses
ALA members who can now become Lighting Associates (LA) by taking the online courses for free. To access the courses, click Lighting Associate, go to Options, select Bundle, then View Cart, and enter your information followed by the coupon code: laspecialpromo (case sensitive). This will give each individual member user who signs up by May 15 access to all 10 LA courses (normally $350) at no charge.
As part of the complimentary training, members had the opportunity to participate in live webinars, including:
- March 19 – “Are You Leaving Money on the Internet?” presented by Mark Okun, LS, Mark Okun Consulting
- March 24 – “Smart Home as a Service” sponsored by Big Ass Fans and WAC Lighting
- March 26 – “How to Retail in the Time of COVID-19” presented by Bob Phibbs, The Retail Doctor
- April 23 – “When and Where to Use Tunable White Lighting” presented by Peter Romaniello, IALD, Conceptual Lighting
- April 28 – “Safety Considerations for Use of Ultraviolet Light in Germicidal Devises” presented by UL
- April 30 – “The Real Life of LEDs” presented by Alex Baker, MSc, LC, Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)
- May 5 – “The Economic and Geopolitical Outlook in a Post COVID-19 World” presented by Bernard Baumohl, The Economic Outlook Group
- May 7 – “Germicidal Ultraviolet Disinfection in the Days of COVID-19” presented by IES
- May 12 – update to “Safety Considerations for Use of Ultraviolet Lighting in Germicidal Devices” presented by UL
- May 21 – “How Will We Use 3D Printing Technology for Residential Lighting?” presented by Nadarajah Narendran, Ph.D., Lighting Research Center, Rensselear Polytechnic Institute
Free on-demand webinars
As has always been the case, ALA’s library of on-demand webinars remains free to members. To access the on-demand webinars, go to Free Training and use code: 2020training (case sensitive). This benefit is thanks to our on-demand webinar sponsors:
Information about all of ALA’s training offerings is available online at ALAMembers.com/Professional-Education. Questions may be emailed to Nici@ALALighting.com.